The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yet Another Minnesootan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:38 am 

Howdy all,

Just droppin' in to introduce myself.

I finally decided to join up , after browsing the site for a while now, I've gotten a few pieces of farm literature from the list owner over the past few years.

I'm Minnesota farm raised, worked around the upper mid-west and Northern Plains farming, trucking and Railroading. Reading thru the posts, I have a couple former co-workers and friends already on here! Hi guys, you know who you are. :D

I grew up in East-Central MN, but I'm now living in southern MN.

I love old Tractors, Trains, and late 70's Ford pickup's. My Color is Prairie Gold (and its variations), I grew up with Farmall, JD, Case, Oliver and MM, but took a strong liking to the MM's early on. I'm researching Minneapolis-Moline, with hopes of eventually compiling a book on all the products they built and sold over the years, and that's a heck of alot. I'm always looking for Sales Literature, Manuals, photos, paperwork, stories, etc.

We are currently surviving out first Blizzard of the season (2010)

Marty

Post subject: Re: Yet Another Minnesootan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:56 am 

Welcome !!! Sorry to hear you know Inihwetrust :twisted: .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:58 pm 

Boomer - Thanks for the welcome, yep know him well, he's like the younger Brother I never had. Even thou he bleed's IH red and C&NW Yella. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:48 pm 

I was a gandy dancer for the C&NW years ago on the extra board, back then it was the hard way in eastern Ne :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:56 pm 

Welcome aboard major mm. Nothing wrong with MM, they made a good tractor not to mention equipment. While I'm into AC myself, I still like prairie gold and have a 335 which I acquired a few years back. God Bless.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:20 pm 

I grew up with a 335 Utility, that My Grandpa bought new. Dad still has it, hopefully one day It'll be mine.

Your's Utility, Industrial or Row crop? and don't tease me and say on LP-Gas! I'd love to find a nice 335 propane someday.

I had an uncle and a cousin that ran AC's, so spent a fair bit of time on the seat of WD's, WD45's and D14's. Good tractors.

Marty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am 

Welcome aboard! I always did like the C&NW colors, pretty much only trains Id ever see when I was little. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:10 am 

Scott,

thanks for the welcome. Growing up near Rush City in the 70's and 80's. We had a few BN trains, and lots of C&NW, Soo, and Milw (which ran alot of Canadian National power) so we had a rainbow of colors. I loved the looks of the short lived CNW GE color scheme in teh late 80's and early 90's. Most die-hard C&NW guy hated it. lol My favorite was the Old NP, even that it merged into BN before I was born.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:32 pm 

welcome maj, you should be in the right state to collect molines. several that my dad has came from minnesota. Steve

collector of pre-39 IH tractors, like steel wheels.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:37 pm 

Yah, still quite a few around, but just like all old Iron, getting picked pretty good. Lots of Europeans coming in with BIG $ and buying. I have known quite a few former MM employees, growing up an hour from the Twin Cities, but each year, more and more pass away. After all its almost 40 years since MM name disappeared from new machinery.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:35 pm 

Yep I remeber seein gthe Yellow C&NW locos going through Lake Elmo. Than thered be the green BN engines when wed go into St Paul, I really did like the green over the orange that BNSF uses now, but it works. I remember seeing the Soo cars and engines all over the midway. NP colors were really nice too, but there were gone long before I was born. One of my great granpas worked at Bandana Square for many years. Said one of his favorite things was he could take the train anywhere they went once he retired. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 pm 

About time you found your way here :D

Nobody will hold it against you about the Minneapolis Moline thang....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:32 am 

Marty, It's a 335 Utility. It's a gasser, not propane. I do have a factory propane but is a D17 with 500 series loader. Really a good old tractor though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:56 pm 

Marty I found a nice tractor for your collection & it's in Rush City so you could visit your "little brother" :D .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:17 pm 

Boomer wrote:
Marty I found a nice tractor for your collection & it's in Rush City so you could visit your "little brother" :D .

Hey Boomer, ask him about the "lint trap in a clothes dryer" :lol: :twisted: