Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: June 3 Itinerary
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:04 pm 
Iron Baron

I got this info quite a while back so there could be changes

Quote:
Segment 2: We plan to leave Camp Creek at 8:30 on Sunday morning. The first Driver will be Rich Hartz with his Altman-Taylor. We

will probably limit Rich to the first ½ mile since it will only go 1 ½ MPH. Dennis Johnson had indicated that he would pull it for one mile

with his Illinois Steam engine. They won’t be very fast, however we should get some good publicity.

Route: We will travel west on Bluff Rd., cross 148th going past the north side of the Waverly Intermediate School. This street is Haywood St.

to 145th to Folkstone to 143rd joining with Amberly Rd. We will turn onto Canongate Rd which has an overpass over US # 6 which is a four lane

Highway and over three tracks of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad. Canongate Rd turns into north 134th Rd. We will then turn west on

Waverly Rd and travel all the way to NW 27th Rd. one mile north to W Mill Rd., west one mile to the Pizza Plus for a restroom stop and coffee.

Lancaster Sheriff has agreed to provide traffic control when we cross US 77 north of Lincoln and again on Nebr. #79 as we leave Pizza Plus.

We will leave Pizza Plus crossing Nebr. #79 go one mile west on W Mill, turn south one mile to Waverly Rd and all the way to Seward. Waverly

Rd. is the road on the north side of the Cemetery on the north side of Seward. We will travel down Nebr. #15 to the south side of the Court House

turn west on US #34 west to the Pac N Save Discount Foods. They have a Deli and plenty of parking. The route will continue west on US #34 to

York, NE County Fair grounds for the evenings stop. They have a planned stop for an afternoon break along the way.

The Seward-York-Aurora club collected enough money from two banks and the JD and Case IH dealers to fund the evening meal. They will

have the evening meal at Chances “R”.

We will have to make some arrangements for fuel for those guys that have traveled the previous Segment. My Oliver 77 gets 12 MPG so 53

miles is no problem. An LP tractor will be a problem, they don’t do very well on fuel and it is a problem getting fuel.

Transportation from each stop will have to be arranged. We have not concluded how we will get the people from Camp Creek to the motels.

I have generated a motel list for northern Lincoln, so we need to have the names and address of those that are coming from Segment 1 so that

they can make their motel arrangements. The Seward-York-Aurora Club has a member that has a bus and endorsement on his CDL to drive

the riders to the motels in York as they are all across town by I-80.

If either of you guys need anything else let me know.

Duane Starr

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.