The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What is everyone doing today
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:00 am 
Master Mechanic

Hopefully a half day for me, Supervisors meeting this morning. 40 hr week you know :roll: Friday is safety meeting day, Nov is Chlorine. I get to teach it every year, we have 3-1 ton cylinders at the waterplant. 6 hour training and SCBA mask fit tests at fire hall. Federal and OSHA training. I don't do the SCBA thing anymore (beard and all). All water division personell get to.....James

Post subject: Re: What is everyone doing today
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:10 am 

First off, checking out the new & improved board. After work, might load some hay for a customer in the rain, he's out. Then tinker with the Ollie 60 that has been sitting in the shop, untouced for two years since I slapped some tires on it. Check the critters & whatever else pops up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:33 am 

Had a board of directors meeting early this morning (coffee with my wife), and then I had a meeting with public relations. (answered some emails. Right now I am on break.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:40 am 

Will be staying home, Shawn is sick, gotta keep an eye on him. He came down with the sicks yesterday, had a high temp. I gave him couple of aspirin and had him stay in bed all day. Much better today, NO fever, but still a little hoarse, gonna keep him in bed again today. I had to do his chores yesterday, will do them the rest of the week.

We're having a Special Olympic bowl-a-than Saturday to raise funds, looks like Shawn and I will be staying home. I don't want him getting sicker and or giving this to anyone else.

You all take care

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:06 pm 

I just got back from the dentist, I don't like going to the dentist!!! Never have and never will!!!
We are going to town now, grocery store, Menards which I think is the wally world of the lumber yards, eye glasses place, craft store so my better half can get some more stuff to finish making christmas cards, then home I hope.
I'm reading a good paper back western now so I might just have to sit down and read a couple or three chapters when we get home :D
Did I mention I don't like going to the dentist----

Mmmister Custer, w w whaaat am I doin here?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:16 pm 

Regular stuff in the shop, tires to mount and balance and others to fix. I am going out later to put a big tube in a big tire. One of those that stands taller than I am and about 3 feet across. When I get back the college helper should be here after class and I will send him out to fix a tractor tire. This poor farmers land is down by the Mississippi river and it has been a bog all season and it still is. It may take frozen ground to let him get his beans out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:48 pm 
Iron Baron

I've been here since before 5:00 seems like I ain't done nothin and the day is half over. I did put a pile of Allis and Massey manuals on my ecrater store. And debating whether I should sell an Allis dealer sales manual from the 50s. Has all the color advertising for the full line. I'd probably be fool enough to price it at $500 and then kick myself ever after. Nahh. I'm going to lunch.

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:05 pm 

Up late, slept till 9:30 Loafed, tehn to school to have lunch with granddaughter...hugged her double [just read in thews about a mother who let her 5 year old daughter for sex and the child was killed---I am going to make sure there is a special place in hell for people like that] :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you are striking out, change bats.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:28 pm 

Helped get the kids in the car and off to school, went by to feed the horse and the critters, checked out the peanut crop, stopped by new house and chalked the trim in the walk-in closet, took driveway pics, drove to office, been finishing up a set of foundation plan and detail drawings for a big house, lunch from the Piggly Wiggly, goofing off before getting back to the grind. Got a ticket to a guitar picker show tonight but might chicken out - I need to be working on the house.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 pm 

12:42 PM I am just going to brush my teeth and go to work. Bye Bye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:42 pm 

Since I just started work at my new squadron, I'm reorganizing the Division Officer files on each of my Sailors so I can get to know them. Then I'll start sitting down with them 1 on 1 this afternoon.

Plus several fires here and there. It's never a dull moment when you are trying to learn a new command and new platform.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:16 pm 

Helped my nephew set down a house and get the beams out and loaded up. Sixty foot beams were tricky to get out with houses on each side. Mostly I played gofer and loaded up cribbing, etc. Good way to work off the campfire food after deer hunting last week. Probably be stiff and sore tomorrow.

Bookman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:14 pm 

I couldn't sleep last night and have been up since 1:30 this morning. I got out at daylight and started fixing fence. The ice storm damage is still falling. I cut a path through the woods so I can drive a tractor down a property line fence. My new bull got in with my cows and I had to get the cows up to separate him. I just got back and I'm beat. I bet I sleep tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:11 pm 
Master Mechanic

Phone rang at 0430 for a 0600 train ride. Left North Platte about 7:00am and arrived in Fremont, Nebraska about 3:30pm. Not a bad trip. Went for a little something to eat and will play on the computer for a hour or so and head to bed as it looks like it may ring really early tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:14 pm 

I spent the day trying to get all the parts and pieces back in the rearend and transmission case of the H I am working on. I filled it up, but I still have a few left over. I think I'll put some of the leftovers in the clutch housing; there seems to be extra room there. Probably should have taken a picture before I disassembled.