The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1942 Allis Chalmers C
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:59 am 

I am getting my 1942 Allis Chalmers C back together and getting to the final stages. I have a couple of questions of anyone who has an older Allis Chalmers B or C.

First, I am not sure how the left hydraulic cylinder goes on. I get it on the pin but then it rests on the belt pulley, which does not seem right. That is with the hose on the top, but then it will not go on with the hose on the bottom.

Second (and probably related), I have two brackets for which I cannot determine where they go. They are from the seat/rear end area. They are about three inches wide and L shaped. One side is about an inch long and the other is about two inches long with two holes in it (for about 1/2" bolts). Perhaps it is something obvious but I cannot find where they go, and I do have a parts manual and owners manual, but no luck finding these two parts.

So if any one knows or has an Allis Chalmers B or C and could take a look and see where the brackets and the cylinders to, please let me know. Driving me crazy trying to figure this out (and it was probably a short drive anyway!!).

Thanks in advance.

Larry

Post subject: Re: 1942 Allis Chalmers C
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:44 am 

The guy that owns hunting land across the road has a B that he stores in my shed over winter but he wont be bringing it for a couple weeks not much help now.
Sorry Steve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:03 pm 

Well, I may not the have problem solved even by then, so please stay in touch. Thanks Larry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:58 pm 
Iron Baron

bookman51 wrote:

First, I am not sure how the left hydraulic cylinder goes on. I get it on the pin but then it rests on the belt pulley, which does not seem right. That is with the hose on the top, but then it will not go on with the hose on the bottom.

Second (and probably related), I have two brackets for which I cannot determine where they go. They are from the seat/rear end area. They are about three inches wide and L shaped. One side is about an inch long and the other is about two inches long with two holes in it (for about 1/2" bolts). Perhaps it is something obvious but I cannot find where they go, and I do have a parts manual and owners manual, but no luck finding these two parts.

Thanks in advance.

Larry
Larry,
1. perhaps the belt pulley can not be used with the cylinders?
2. Are they brackets for some machine / attachment that you do not have?

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:19 am 

Howard, You might be right on both accounts. I fabricated a bar to go across from fender to fender to hold up the hydraulic cylinders. I have not got it installed yet, but it fits under the seat and I do not think it will look too bad.

Thanks

Larry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:02 pm 

Ran across the pictures I had taken of the Allis C before I started taking it apart. I did not have the seat up high enough. Two two brackets fit under the rear of the seat. Glad I took and pictures and found them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:38 pm 

Glad you got it figured out
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:47 am 

Steve, Thanks. It is one of those things that drive me nuts. Now I am working on the lights, and I need to get and put on the decals. The old girl is shaping up.

Larry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:16 am 

Hmmm Hydraulics and C Allis , I told my Heart Dr NP that this spring, She said you own a farm Huh I said yes. I said no animals but I have a 2 Farmall H's A Farmall SM, A 300, And a cub. But I do not have A C allis!! Can you Hook Me up? :wink: She looked dumb founded. She looked fresh out of school and Cute as a bug in a rug so I tried to explain to her without embarrassing both of us. :oops: When she finally got the joke she said Wait a min! She left and about 5 min later returned with 2 sample packs, LOL. Sorry for hijacking the thread I had my latest back surgery Mon and am Bored out of my Skull!!

http://www.farmallmagneto.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:14 am 

Shhhhhhh. Don't tell my wife. All this time when I leave the house I tell I am going to work on my C Allis, she thinks I am referring to my tractor. :D