The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: weekend plans
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:59 am 
Master Mechanic

Going to an estate auction in lowman ny saturday then to birthday party, sunday hang out at lake for a bit. Tonight skid logs out with Farmall 350 getting ready for winter.
Ok you turn. :)

Post subject: Re: weekend plans
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:27 pm 

Threshing bee/tractor show tomorrow and Sunday. Two more to haul.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:19 pm 

I'm working but the rest of the family is going to the Pioneer days festival. It's basically a big family reunion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:41 pm 
Master Mechanic

Going to Gothenburg to a tractor show. Not with my date. Going for personality doesn't seem to be working any better than going for looks. Almost broke it off once for lack of communication. Should have stayed with it I guess. 4 months and we're basically flippin pen pals.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:09 am 
Iron Baron

The Steele City Flea Market is this weekend. It appears the town has a historical society that owns a bunch of old tractors and stuff. Several old restored buildings like a stone blacksmith shop and livery stable. I am anxious to see them.

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:11 pm 
Master Mechanic

It is a very neat looking town, anyway from the rail. The restored buildings are awesome and they usually always keep everything looking nice. Have fun this weekend.
I went down to Gothenburg to the husking contest and harvest festival. I will have to take my shellers down next year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:46 pm 
Master Mechanic

Came to the beach cottage after working at the Free Produce giveaway until 6pm. We went to the 60th annual Salmon Bake from 11am-2pm. Had a great time.

http://coastvisitor.com/events/60th-ann ... depoe-bay/

Don't know how long we will stay, depends on how much it rains in the Valley. Son says it is raining a good bit. Rained all night here at the beach. Calling for showers all week 70% now down to 30% later in the week. Would like a good rain on the plowed ground, a week or two for a sprout, knock it down with the heavy harrow and then plant wheat after the 15th of Oct. I went to the lake this morning, caught 3 nice perch for dinner. Will make grilled fish taco's with slaw and Sweet Walla Walla onion rings for dinner. Picked up a new Island style Mango marinade/dressing and a Mediterranian cucumber (Tzatzika) dip for the onion rings at the produce giveaway. Had the mango dressing on a lettuce, apple, dried cranberry salad last night. MMM MMMMM will make great slaw for the taco's. Will chop up some organic Honeycrisp apple for the slaw that I grabbed too. Brought some ripe tomatoes from the garden too. We will need to be back Friday as it is my week to go to Salem at 8am to pickup the produce, put it out at 3pm, the giveaway is from 4-6pm....James

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:09 am 
Master Mechanic

Someone's day got ruined yesterday. They had a 730 jd on the sheller at the show, and the guys feeding it were giving it all the corn the conveyer would carry. It started sending grain out with the cobs, plugged up, and stalled the tractor, they burnt up the pto clutch getting it going again.

The girl I was hoping to meet up there and her dad did the restoration on the tractor, it was her dad's.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:02 am 

Had to go to the VA hospital in Portland for another round of treatment Friday. By the time I got home Friday night, I was sicker than a dog. So the week end was the couch and I fell in love, stayed there most of the week-end, so I did not get much done around here. Felt a lot better today, so Shawn and I went to Tri-Cities, 30 miles away. The week-end of the 30th will be the same, so I won't plan on doing one durn thing.

Have a great week everyone
Hug a friend and Kiss a love one

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:13 am 
Master Mechanic

Been a busy boy, friday worked on customer vehicles, Saturday took Ford Model A to a carshow for boyscouts-paked next a Farmall w6, sunday went to lake to start prepin to close down cottage. Monday workon customer vehicles-wednesday go haul hay home ( Ihave to buy hay) didnt get enough hay in, that sucks.