The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Better Check in
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:15 pm 

I better check in, since it has been a while. Yeppers I'm still on the right side of the grass. I've just been so busy getting all the red tape and paper work done to send my daughter as an exchange student to Mexico for her junior year. Boy I can't believe all the hoops ya got to jump through so a young person can go to another country for one school year. Had to get the daughter a passport and a Mexican Visa. Both her mom and I had to get a passport. We sent her off Friday July 22, to Puabla, Mexico. She'll be there until next June. This one of the perks you get for being a straight A student and an over achiever. I kept telling her "she has her grandmothers intelligent, but it skipped a generation".
If she keeps her grades up when she gets back, she will have a good chance on a scholarship from Standford University. She already got an invite to participate in Intensive Law & trial at Standford Law School, for 10 days, Jun 28 to July 7th, but she declined since she would be going to Mexico in July

So how is everyone doing? Hope we haven't lost anyone while I've been gallivanting around the country, taking lots of trips getting paper work done,, just really enjoying myself, driving back and forth to Portland..not. Running here and there. I can tell ya I am really tried of driving.

Have a good day everyone

Post subject: Re: Better Check in
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:15 am 
Iron Baron

Wow! seems like just yesterday she was messing with those greasy tractors with you and Shawn. And now she is going International!

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.

Post subject: Re: Better Check in
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:45 am 

yeppers Howard, It does seem like just yesterday that Shawn and Sheana was arguing which one was to use the 3/8 drive impact to take out which bolts of the platform on the SC. And who got to put them back in. I remember marking 1/2 the bolts for each one of them to remove. I remember her coming over and was a scared to touch the SC, she thought it was still wet, even though it was painted 3 or 4 days before. She is getting all grown up, won't be long and she will be flying the coup, going off to college. She wants to be a lawyer.

everyone have a great day