The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: weekend plans
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 am 
Master Mechanic

Here it is again, I plan on doing some cleaning and sorting in the shop, bring in a couple of tractors for service and repair, another goal is get some darn pictures and post them on here.
Ok what are your plans goals or desires, and dont forget its only thursday today, Im just getttin ahead of myself!

Post subject: Re: weekend plans
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:06 pm 

I weaned calves this week, Dad always weaned by the signs, they must not have been right because they have really been singing. I hope I can turn them out by Saturday. I need to do some work around the house this weekend. I sprayed roundup on the yard about a month ago so I won't need to mow for a few more weeks but I need to pick up some limbs and get the mower ready. I also need to change the oil in my backhoe, I just looked and I've put over 200 hours on it since I changed it last fall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:05 pm 

My week end plans are to finish my new reloading bench, put on a coat of Varathane and install my presses, and case swage. put all my dies and other reload equipment away. Hopefully my Dillon 650 will be back soon from Dillon.
If I have enough time I might even get to my Ford 860, I have a new set of rings and rod bearing to install. The oil rings collapsed and was burning lots of oil. It had 150 lbs of compression on all 4 cylinders, but produced its own smoke screen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:57 am 

Keith-OR wrote:
If I have enough time I might even get to my Ford 860, I have a new set of rings and rod bearing to install. The oil rings collapsed and was burning lots of oil. It had 150 lbs of compression on all 4 cylinders, but produced its own smoke screen.

Around here we call that Bug Control!! :lol:

I hope to get the new to me Silverado through state inspection, Having Grand children over tonight for sleep over, Chase grand son around tomorrow in too cold for Pa Pa weather,High 33F He will want to shoot Starlings with BB Gun, Ride what ever will start, And Run me Raged, Got to love them Grand kids though they keep me moving, :) Then Sat Night we are having a party for my Oldest Brothers 40th wed anniversary. Sunday relax and watch Nascar.

Jon

http://www.farmallmagneto.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:02 pm 

Got all the cylinders honed and piston cleaned up, ready to put the rings on. Hopefully will have the 860 running in couple of days.
Also put the first coat of varathane on the reload bench and sanded down ready for the second coat. Things seem to be going pretty smooth so far,, knock on wood!!! I'm going to spray on the finial coat.

Oh by the way, I'm not real impressed with the 3X thick Varathane, sure would not recommend it for anyone to use. Suppose to self level it don't do it, and leaves a lot of brush marks in finial finish..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:12 am 
Iron Baron

I hauled hay yesterday to another place a couple miles west of home so I can take my gentlemen over there and free up some pen space for pairs. I will sort off 50 pair and start getting bunches lined out for pasture season if it ever rains. I wish it was so wet and muddy I could not feed but I don't see that happening.

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:58 am 
Master Mechanic

We are in Long Beach California, Sweetie has an Uncle, his wife and daughter here. Also her Friends from childhood. Been 30 years since we were down here, good times, good friends, good food. We brought the rain they are needing too. Has rained everyday we have been here, they hadn't had any since January....James

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:29 pm 

Well I got my week end plans changed.. Nephew called and wanted me to replace hot water heater in their double wide, seems that water pipe froze it set empty. Water destroyed the water heater compartment walls, floor and the destroyed floor in adjoining bedroom, What a mess!!!

Got the water heater installed yesterday, while he was removing warped flooring (particle board). today we nee to finish floor, put in new floor and install the new carpet and pad. If it was me I would not put carpet back in the bedroom, but it is not my call. THIS IS A RENTAL

They need to change their property management people, place was not looked at for couple of months, set empty.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:08 pm 
Iron Baron

I spent a couple hours hauling off tree branches and dead leaves from the town property. It was high time :twisted:
The + is someone had thrown out some perfectly good veneer paneling. strips about 16 inches wide and 7 foot long. look for cool things to be created with that! I like trips to the dump. :D

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:33 pm 

Nebraska Cowman wrote:
I spent a couple hours hauling off tree branches and dead leaves from the town property. It was high time :twisted:
The + is someone had thrown out some perfectly good veneer paneling. strips about 16 inches wide and 7 foot long. look for cool things to be created with that! I like trips to the dump. :D

Ya can always find things to use the veneer paneling for.. We don't have a dump personae, it is a disposal center, everything goes to a state land fill. Ya can't pickup anything and take it home. When we had a local land fill, ya could pick up the good stuff and recycle it, days gone by.. We have got to be a throw away society, don't recycle, just throw it in the landfill. SUCH A WASTE!!!

I still have a Red Flyer wagon that I found in our small country dump 60+ years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:47 pm 

Years ago, I would take a load out to the dump, and bring back a few things. I thought I was a pretty good scrounger. Then I got a new neighbor. He'd go out to the dump empty, and bring a load home. He made me hang my head in shame!!

'37 A, '38 B, '48 B, '50 B, '54 50, '54 70, '25 Model E (1 1/2hp), '47 IHC Model LB (1 1/2-2 1/2hp), Fairbanks-Morse Model Z, Style D 2hp(Salt Block)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:51 pm 
Master Mechanic

magman wrote:
Keith-OR wrote:

Around here we call that Bug Control!! :lol:

I hope to get the new to me Silverado through state inspection, Having Grand children over tonight for sleep over, Chase grand son around tomorrow in too cold for Pa Pa weather,High 33F He will want to shoot Starlings with BB Gun, Ride what ever will start, And Run me Raged, Got to love them Grand kids though they keep me moving, :) Then Sat Night we are having a party for my Oldest Brothers 40th wed anniversary. Sunday relax and watch Nascar.

Jon

How's your health been?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:45 am 

Well I take it one day at a time, Feel better than I have the last few years but can not get much accomplished. So I piddle around do what I can. I have all new dr's now new plans for the future, Just have to see how everything works out I guess. As Keith says I am on the right side of the grass right now and thats what matters. :lol:

http://www.farmallmagneto.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:08 am 

Tractors of Yesteryears plow days here both saturday and sunday. i think i have 6 combos of plows and tractors ready to go. that is only counting antique plows up to 4 bottom. i have one 5 and two 6 bottom plows that we use for real farming (though we are working more into notill corn).
so between milking, chores, and plows, it will be a busy weekend at Moozoo.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:13 pm 

Bill, Take lost of pictures and post back next week!