The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: weekend plans
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:57 am 
Master Mechanic

Boy this board has been slow last post was tuesday, Then again its spring and we are all doing the Spring Thing!
Saturday going to nichols ny to Vissiher farm auction Sunday that is easter so I will be home with family maybe sneak out to barn for a bit, Might turn Wendy and her calf out sunday so I can keep an eye on her during day.
Ok what you all up to?

Post subject: Re: weekend plans
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:09 am 

We had 3" of snow this week and it was gone 4 hours later. Have my cousins ford 2110 split on the shop, hoping to have the new clutch in today. Finish putting it back together Saturday.
Sunday Easter wife is off and mil is coming and my daughter and her fiancee' will be here.
79 days till we leave for Red Power Union Grove! oldiron29

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:04 am 
Iron Baron

Oh wow! I thought it was Sunday until I looked at the weather map and they are still giving the forecast for Saturday :evil: But with a high of 41° and windy I'm not gonna wanna do much outside today. Maybe Monday I will start working on fences. Sunday I am going to wash a load of white clothes and check Google video chat out so I can have a remote connection for our statewide tractor club meeting next week. Most of the mature cows are done calving. All but 6 of the heifers. I finished hauling alfalfa hay home this week. I think I have plenty now. Countdown to RPRU. I hadn't thought of that. But time is going to fly by awful fast. I'd like to go up early and see some sights. The S C Johnson company has some interesting buildings I'd like to see. http://scjohnson.com/en/company/archite ... pread.aspx

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:11 am 

farm dispersal auction this morning. then work on a woods twin blade brush hog that has new skin on the deck. putting it back together is like a big jigsaw puzzle. it has been apart 3 years.
sunday is easter; just doing chores and church.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:49 am 
Master Mechanic

Pretty cool here the last couple days so I haven't done much. Like Howard said today isn't going to be nice. Monday we will have the grandson and it is supposed to be warmer. Tuesday I go check out my new short term, part time job. I have four pivots to plant to grass with only a 16ft drill. That will take time. It is new equipment and it pays good so it should be fun. The only problem will be that the son will be my boss :shock: I hope he doesn't try to get even, but then I was never very bossy :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:36 pm 

Today was the best day we've had all week. It's been so windy that I haven't done much all week. Thursday it blew all the smoke in from the grass fires west of here and the air would choke a mule. This morning I put out 3 tons of Urea on my ryegrass, now I need a rain.
I noticed a cow out by herself under an ash tree. When I checked it out I found one of my newborn bull calves with a 8" limb laying across it's neck. It was still alive but just barely. If it's still alive tomorrow there may be a chance but I'm not optimistic. I hate wind :evil: Tomorrow is Easter and the wife always fixes a nice dinner for my boys after Church services.

HAPPY EASTER!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:47 am 
Master Mechanic

Had to do a couple of hauling jobs for the local Amish....hoping to work a little on my H.