The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Day......
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:40 pm 
Master Mechanic

Well - Started out lazy - slept in until 0830.....Then did chores and milled about for awhile. Sprayed down the "H" with some degreaser and hosed it off with the pressure washer And removed a couple more small things. At 1330, the two neighbor boys (16 & 18) came over, so we pulled the H to a different spot, then did one more round of cleaning before shoving her back out of the mud so we could work on her. While we waited for things to dry, we got a load of firewood and a load of sawdust from the local mill. Next, we drained the tranny and the hydraulics, then pulled a couple more small items. After a little bit of scraping, we will be ready for paint.
After that, we decided to get the 10-20 and F-20 out for a little fun. We didn't have much gas, so the fun didn't last long, but it was fun while it did! They are coming back tomorrow for some more fun, and a little work - we need to haul more firewood AND stack it.....

I found out that the stupid LGD Great Pyrenees has had big fun digging under the F-20 in the back of the shop. She dug a hole to sleep in, and buried the tires on the tractor up to the stub axles. I REALLY need to pour a concrete floor (or at least a threshold...) so she can't do things like that. She has plenty of other places to get in out of the sun and weather, she don't need to be in my shop. It would also keep the chickens from laying eggs on my benches, too! :roll: