The Cowboard

Farm and Ranch Antique Tractor Discussion

It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First post of the new year
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:17 am 
Iron Baron

Kinda reminds me of the first baby of the year in Hayes county several years back. It was late March. Any way, post what you are doing and your plans for summer. I'm taking care of way too many cattle. But I start selling calves tomorrow and I'd still like to sell down the cows too. I have rooms for the Bloomsburg Roundup so maybe I can see some of you there. There is going to be a big JD show at Grand Island NE and I want to do that too.

He can drive his plow through the nigger-wool,
make fields and roads go every way, build him a fine house
and wear the stiff collar, and yet he will always look like the grass where
the buffalo have eaten and smell of the new ground he has trod.

Post subject: Re: First post of the new year
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:30 pm 

after selling the dairy milking cows in March last year, I though things might slow down. WRONG. I'm still feeding the heifers from the milking herd, and selling them as they get close to freshening. down to about 50 of mine, and boarding 9 calves for a neighbor. finished (almost) combining corn the saturday before new year's. so far, the ground is too wet to get the last couple acres. playing around with some of the tractor collection at times.
I'm looking forward to Bloomsburg and seeing you and lots of friends. I'm hoping to take the Regular and your sign, and maybe another tractor, and the milking equipment and maybe some other memorabilia. I picked up a Hoosier 5 run seeder in Alabama last spring. took it to Montgomery but it didn't make into the show book. I had only ever seen one in 150 Years of IH before. I also have a Daisy drop reaper, but I'm not sure it could stand the trip. not sure what Mike will be taking.

Post subject: Re: First post of the new year
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 pm 

I had sale in November and officially retired as of January 1, 2019 and am looking forward to no management decisions. The better half has a bunch of projects lined up for me this winter and hope to do more traveling with the fifth wheel in the future (provided the IRS don't take all the sale proceeds). In the process of remodeling master bath in the house and then on to the bathroom in the shop. You guessed it, the walls will be IH RED. Got several neighbors hounding me to run tractors come spring and harvest. Going to sell of some of my collections but not all. Will be keeping the large frame tractors and a couple plows. Going to take some of my memorabilia to the National IH auction in September.

Hope to see everyone at Bloomsburg in June.

Wishing everyone a safe and prosperous 2019 - jerry